1. I badly want a car of my own. If I had one, it would only take me half an hour to drive from the apartment to the office. At present, it takes me an hour more since I commute daily and FX taxis are almost always full when they pass by my place.
2. I have a demented mind. When I see women fixing their eyes with a pencil, I imagine the fx taxi we’re riding on abruptly stopping and the pencil would get lodged in her eyes. Blood would ooze out and I would just stare at her with a smirk on my face. I also imagine planes I am flying on diving into the sea waters below or breaking into tiny little pieces in mid-air. Parang LOST lang.
3. It’s the middle of April and I have only completed reading two books – Honeymooners: A Cautionary Tale and Flipped. I have been reading Haruki Murakami’s Kafka on the Shore for a couple of months now but I am not even halfway through. I have also started randomly reading ebooks at work whichever tickles my fancy on a particular day – Elizabeth Kostova’s The Historian, Khalil Gibran’s The Prophet, Markus Zusak’s The Book Thief, Eoin Colfer’s Artemis Fowl, Haruki Murakami’s After Dark, Stephen Hawking’s A Brief History of Time – but could only muster reading a few pages before losing interest.
4. I get embarrassed when my family and relatives introduce me as Engr. Scud or when I see my name prefixed with Engr. on the mail. It’s not that I don’t deserve to be called one. I do. It’s just that that hasn’t been my profession for many years now and I’m not obsessed with titles.
5. I own two phones and subscribe to two internet providers. I am satisfied with all of them except for one. It makes me so stark raving mad I make my pillows my punching bag each time it conks out.
6. I sleep an average of 6 hours per day, even on weekends.
7. I am not a big fan of my writing. I wish I could free-write as well as Sonia or Kevin. Or write meaningful posts as well as Atticus or Panaderos. Or be as deep a writer as Prinsesa Musang or Ahmer. Or write short stories as well as Gillboard. Or be as articulate as Raft3r. Or review films as well as Oggs or WCS Minor Circuit.
8. I weighed 98lbs in 2002. I have gained 40lbs since then. I am more hefty but still look as young. Haha.
9. I have spent weekends at the apartment without talking to a single soul or stepping out of the front door to get some polluted air.
10. I am selling my Canon S5IS. Any takers?