I was only able to watch 7 movies in March. Most weekends I spent on the beach outside of Manila or in bed sleeping/resting. By the rate I’m going I don’t think I won’t be able to top the 160+ movies I watched last year. I’m not complaining. That means a cheaper electricity bill for me.
But I digress. Here are a few noteworthy films I saw in March.
1. The Princess and the Frog. Disney’s outstanding version of The Frog Prince.
2. Where The Wild Things Are. Spike Jonze’s terrific adaptation of Maurice Sendak’s 1963 children’s book of the same title.
3. Fantastic Mr. Fox. George Clooney and Meryl Streep voice out the titular character and his wife in this film about fox vs humans.
4. Green Zone. Matt Damon and Paul Greengrass team up again after the last two Bourne movies to give us this about WMDs and the Iraq war.
5. Alice in Wonderland. The visuals is underwhelming but Helena Bonham Carter makes your forget about that. As I said to a friend after watching the film – “Bonham Carter stole Alice from Depp”.